The ketogenic, or keto, diet is a popular eating plan that limits carbohydrates and focuses on protein and healthful fats.People who follow a keto diet try to limit their carb intake to 50 grams (g) per day.The purpose of this restriction is to force the body to use ketones, which are acids formed in the liver, or fat to provide caloric needs.This article explores the keto diet in more detail and lists some of the best keto-friendly snacks.
- The arrival of a subscription snack box is like getting Christmas morning every month. Nothing makes a long day at the office better than coming home to a box waiting on my doorstep. It’s so full of potential and is a great way to discover new foods and products you wouldn’t otherwise get to try.
- Urthbox is a healthy food subscription service. Like many other boxes, it contains snacks, beverages, and other goodies, but Urthbox stands out from the crowd by focusing on healthy, organic, and non-GMO products.
While the company isn’t exclusively vegan, subscribers can choose to receive the “vegan” box when making their purchase.
- In addition to your dietary preference, you’ll be able to make a few other choices when ordering your box. This helps you get a package that’s tailored to your needs and preferences.
Breakfast. The best thing about having low-carb Kiss My Keto brownies for breakfast is that they will not cause your blood glucose levels to soar in the morning. Each brownie contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) to provide you with clean energy for hours.
A flavorful bread that contains only 0 to 2 grams of net carbs. Perfect for any day and occasion to satisfy your cravings.Breakfast. Have a slice of keto bread during your mornings. Eat it with your favorite fluffy eggs, bacon, avocado, or tuna… or simply enjoy bread by itself!
Breakfast. Instead of a high-sugar cereal or granola bar, have our keto brownies and cookies for breakfast. Each serving also has 3-5 grams of total fat and 3-5 grams of protein to give you a feeling of fullness!Click image to open expanded view,Keto-friendly baking mixes that let you enjoy dessert without the carbs.
Chocolate bars that curb hunger and boost energy. Snacking takes on a new meaning with protein and MCT keto bars.Breakfast. Your mornings may be busy, but they don’t have to be unhealthy. A low-carb bar that nourishes your body with healthy fats is a smart choice.
Splurge on a low-carb keto white bar whenever you need a quick energy boost or sweet treat.Breakfast. A good breakfast bar is one that gives you enough fuel but doesn’t spike your blood sugar. Besides the fact that these white bars are keto-friendly, they’re also portable and convenient..
Chewy. Flavorful. Handy. Gluten-free. With only 3 grams of net carbs per serving!Snacks. Munch on these bite-sized gummies on the go or when time seems to stand still. Keep them by your desk for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon treat.
Our Mint Brownie bar is something special. We’ve used a special cocoa powder in the filling that tastes as perfect as homemade brownies . . . really. Paired with just the right amount of mint flavor, our goal was to create the best Built Bar to date. Not to brag, but we think we nailed it.
1 Box (18 ct.) Peanut Butter Honey BuiltGO
Get every flavor of every product Built has to offer! Pick your mix of the ALL NEW Built Bars, 30ct bag of Built Boost, and your choice of the NEW BuiltGO! Regular price is $107.70, order now during the launch and get them all and save $40!
According to a 2020 article, someone following a typical keto diet gets:
- 5% of their total daily calories from carbs
- 60–75% of their total daily calories from fats
- 20–35% of their total daily calories from proteins
People following a keto diet may need to avoid grains, starchy vegetables, and most fruits.
In the short-term, following a keto diet may help a person lose weight and control their blood sugar levels.
However, according to a study that looked at the long-term effects of such low carb diets, people who favor animal-based fats and proteins have a higher mortality rate than those who primarily eat plant-based fats and proteins.
Following a keto diet may also cause some side effects, especially in the first few weeks. These include:
- brain fog, or reduced mental energy
- muscle cramps
- stomach discomfort
- increased hunger
- constipation, from a lack of fiber
- fatigue during exercise
- sleep disturbances
- a lack of nutrients, from reduced consumption of fruits and vegetables
To help combat hunger and fatigue, a person may wish to consume healthful snacks throughout their day.
People can choose from a wide range of nutritious, low carb snack options that fit into a keto diet.
However, it is important to speak to a doctor or registered dietitian before making any significant changes to the diet. This helps ensure that a person is getting enough essential nutrients.